Recognition of foreign university titles by N.A.R.I.C.
One important prerequisite for your MA studies in Greece is the recognition of your foreign university title(s) by the Hellenic National Recognition and Information Center (Hellenic N.A.R.I.C./D.O.A.T.A.P)
Your foreign University degree must be officially recognized by the Hellenic N.A.R.I.C., the Greek organization, supervised by the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs if you seek to obtain a Master’s degree from our Program.
The application process is as follows:
- Go to http://www.doatap.gr/en/ and click on Recognized Foreign HEIs.
- Check if your university and department are already in the list so that you know what you need to apply for.
Note: in those rare cases where your university does not appear, please contact our Secretariat at msc-MAfilmTV@film.auth.gr for further instructions.
- Sign into the e-doatap platform. To do so, as foreign students, you have to do one of the following first:
- you can either be identified by going in person with your passport to DOATAP in Athens (54 Ag. Konstantinou St.) or to DOATAP in Thessaloniki (Ministry Makedonias-Thrakis, Dioikitirio), and submit the relevant application or
- in case you live abroad, you can be identified by the Greek Embassy/Consulate in the foreign country, and then email your application (attached document) with the proof of the identification and your passport to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org .
After that, you will receive an email with the necessary credentials that will allow you to sign in at the e-doatap platform (currently available only in Greek, our secretary Dora Plakotari can help you). You can fill your application at: https://e-doatap.doatap.gr/login.
The required documents for the recognition of your degree can be found here. It is important you bring all the relevant documentation when you arrive in Greece.
Important Note: The Apostille1 (notarized) degree is needed to complete the process.
Should you have any questions, please contact our Secretary.
1Apostille: Η Σφραγίδα της Συμβάσεως της Χάγης της 05ης Οκτωβρίου 1961 (APOSTILLE) είναι η επισημείωση που καταργεί την υποχρέωση επικύρωσης των αλλοδαπών δημοσίων εγγράφων).